Came across this new app that you can use to create and share short videos. I know it competes with Vine and Videos on Instagram, but YouTube founder’s, Brad Hurley and Steve Chen know something about telling stories- thought it would be good to share with our community. The MixBit site is also the first site that lets users collaborate with each other and remix videos uploaded by the community. Think I will use it during our upcoming Digital Video Workshops this fall onboard the National Geographic Explorer.
The MixBit app and website help people create videos together. The app lets you record, edit and publish videos as short as one second or as long as an hour—right from your mobile device.
- The MixBit app is currently available on iOS (iPhone, iPad and iPod touch). Android is coming soon!
- Visitors to MixBit.com can make their own videos without shooting original content by remixing video clips they find on the site.
- Videos are recorded in multiple clips as long as 16 seconds each. A finished video can include as many as 256 clips, for about an hour in total length.
- Clips are stored as independent elements for easier editing and remixing, but play as one seamless video.
- Edit at any time – even after your video has been published. You can also save an unfinished video for later and manage multiple video projects at once.